Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Marshalls

One year ago today my friends Nichole and Aaron Marshall had their beautiful daughter. One year ago today Jesus also took that precious girl home with Him to heaven when she was 6 hours old.

I met Nichole 8 years ago in Dental Hygiene school. Her sweet spirit and faith in the Lord has made me consider my friendship with her a cherished one even though we don't see each other very often. We were there at each other's weddings and I was blessed to be able to support and pray for them when they headed to Africa for mission work.

I remember praying for them throughout their pregnancy after Nichole's water broke at 15 weeks. I remember praying for a miracle that their precious child being formed in the less than ideal conditions will defy the odds and be born ready to take on this world. I remember sitting with Nichole while she was on strict bed rest while she held a newborn Luke and we talked about all sorts of things.

And I remember a year ago. Breaking down in tears when I saw the news that Figi (short for Fighter Girl) left this world. Nathan asked why I was crying and after I told him he said "Oh, we need to pray" and we did.

I think of Figi often and she always helps me put into perspective how precious life is. Her work is not yet done here. I'm sure she is still teaching everyone who met her or knew about her and she will always be a huge part of the Marshall family. Maybe her life will encourage another couple to always give life a chance against all odds even when medical advice suggests otherwise.

God, in all His goodness, blessed Aaron and Nichole with a son 6 weeks after Figi's passing. After a long and difficult adoption and several unplanned months in Ethiopia, Zurich was added to the Marshall family. He just celebrated his second birthday and before long he will be a big brother! Another baby boy is on the way and thankfully everything is going well with this pregnancy. I'm sure they are excited to meet their new son in a few months!

Please look at Aaron and Nichole's blog to learn more about their story and see some pictures of Figi and Zurich. Pray for this sweet family and be encouraged by their faith in God.

http://aaronichole.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...