Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday

I didn't have any obligations this morning so I took the boys to daycare and did some thrift store shopping for the first time in ages. My friends and I often went to thrift stores in college but since then I haven't made time for it.

Since I'm 30lbs less than I was when I last wore these fall clothes they have been hanging off of me but since we're currently in Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace class (where he drills budget!budget!budget! into our heads) I have been avoiding getting new clothes.

Enter: Goodwill.

I forgot how much fun it is! So much more fun than department store shopping. Instead it feels like a treasure hunt. Oooooh what might I find?!

Two Goodwills and $40 later I ended up with 10 shirts, a purse, and a wreath made of sticks that I have big plans for in the DIY department (Mom- that means: Do It Yourself, cuz I know you're going to ask, love you!)

I tried to find pants but no such luck since I'm in this awkward in-between sizes phase.

Found this Liz Claiborne purse for fall- oh yeah :) Trying to downsize purses since I carry so much stuff I never need or use.

After shopping I picked up Luke from daycare for his 1 year well visit (that we're a month behind for)

(side note: oh my gosh Marcus is sitting at the computer humming to a song and it's the funniest thing ever! I can't figure out which song. And as soon as it starts to sound familiar it drastically changes. Ok "side note" that only amuses me is over)

The regular doctor my boys see isn't there on Fridays anymore so we saw another dr I had met once before. I picked her brain about a few subjects and quickly decided that I love her. She has very similar views as I do about many things and she's a young mom herself (has two small kids) She's even supportive of breastfeeding beyond one!

Luke weighs in at 21 lbs and 8 oz and is 31 inches long (If I remembered correctly)

He is healthy and right on track with where he should be although he's a little behind in the language department (my thoughts).

One reason that he might not be talking much is because with Nathan I talked non-stop with him as soon as he was born. Showing him everything. Teaching, pointing, showing, repeating. And that boy and I still talk non stop.

But with Luke? I don't do that as much. Yes I show him things here and there and occasionally say "''mama'- can you say 'mama' Luke?"

But I have always enjoyed the quietness when I'm alone with Luke. I converse so much with my first born that when Nathan is gone it's almost like "ok good, I can just think and not answer questions for a little bit."

Now I know Luke hears me and Nathan talking and he hears his teachers at daycare. But I definitely want to make more of an effort to show, talk, tell with him like I did with Nathan.


The doctor also did routine blood work and said that his iron is low. Not to the point of anemia but close. So I'm going to increase the foods in his diet that are rich in iron and I'm also thinking about supplements. It probably has to do with him starting to grow again. The doctor said his growth has been different than the average baby because he grew SO much from birth til 7 months and then stayed the same until 13 months and is now starting to grow again.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Looking forward to this weekend that is full of fun family activities! Which makes my heart so full but also means that by Monday I'll already be worn out before the week begins. But that's ok :)

Have a great weekend!

(if you have been reading but not commenting I would love to "meet" you- please say hi)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...