Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Off to school...:::sniff::: and "yay!"

Nathan started preschool this week.

A little late, yes. We weren't sure if preschool was going to work out but God made a way. Better late than never right? Right.

This was his last chance for preschool before kindergarten next year and I'm so glad he's getting this opportunity. Daycare has helped prepare him for the social aspect of what kindergarten might be like but he definitely needed more of a "classroom" feel. To learn how to stay in his seat even with the "little boy" energy.

Two weeks ago I called the preschool that we were interested in (it's hard to get in because it's such a good program the spots fill up fast) just to put him on a waiting list for January. But when I called the teacher said they had one opening in the 4 yr old room! I was shocked and so happy for him to be able to start now only about a month or so behind the rest of the class.

Daycare will be taking and picking him up so I was a little concerned about not even seeing his classroom or meeting his teacher. However- it completely worked out! We had to reschedule our morning patients on Monday because we got new floors at work so I was able to take Nathan to preschool and go to work a little late.

I dropped Luke off at daycare and then drove to Nathan's preschool. At the last second I made a little sign and had him stand next to the school for a picture.

He kept laughing because his spiderman backpack was so big on his little frame. He said several times "my backpack goes all the way down to my butt!"

We waited with the other parents for the door to be unlocked and then easily found his classroom. I liked his teacher almost immediately and then Nathan and I found his spot at the desks.

I hung out for about 15 minutes watching him work on writing the letter i and coloring an iguana. I asked him if it was ok if I left and he looked up and said "yeah, I'm fine" and immediately I felt that mom heart divide of pride that he's growing up and yearning for him to be little and need me. It threw me off guard. I'm used to him being away from me during the day so I didn't think I'd feel that tug. But this was a new place with new people. And although I knew he would be okay I guess I was a little anxious for him.

I left and said a little prayer for him. Knowing that God is always with Him even when I can't be.

My 5 pounder is almost 5 years old.

Time.flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...