Saturday, October 13, 2012

Scraps

I try to keep my dog, Kiba, from eating people food but when he cleans up the mess around the highchair? I pretend not to notice and am secretly happy I don't have to clean it up.

And sometimes I will give him a little bit of something, usually before I'm about to throw some pieces of leftover food away.

Today I went to give him a piece of bread and called him over. I had a piece of bread in my hand hanging down for him but a few little pieces of it had fallen to the floor.

I stood there waiting while Kiba frantically searched for and ate the scraps of bread on the floor. He never looked up. The big piece of bread in my hand went unnoticed. I thought If he would only look up he would see what I was really trying to give him.

And it hit me.

Is this a small glimpse of how God feels?

Watching us scurry around trying to gobble up little things that we think are good and all the while He is holding something so much better for us? Dangling it right there hoping we would only look up and see.

How many times have we failed to look up and see the blessings He desperately wants to bestow on us?

I know I am guilty of this. Thinking that I know what's good and best for myself- when all the while His plan for me is so much more than I could ever imagine.

I need to get better at looking up.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Agreed!

    Very Manna for Moms, btw! (www.mannaformoms.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... That's good. Deep. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...