Friday, October 12, 2012

Lately

Lately the boys have been sick with viruses. Luke is over it but Nathan isn't quite.

So it's been a week of non stop laundry and carpet cleaning to remove puke and diarrhea. Yeah, parenting is ugly sometimes. But they're worth it!

And I'm super grateful that my husband can sometimes work from home which means I only had to miss work one day this week (but it's still hard to go to work and leave a sick child at home although Marcus is great with our kids)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lately we decided to sign Nathan up for preschool and I'm super excited for him. Yes he's starting a little late but we had to wait til Oct due to finances. I'll feel a little better about him going into kindergarten next year with a little bit of preschool under his belt.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lately I've been wanting to chop my hair off and dye it. This is VERY unlike me. I'm a long hair girl and never color other than the occasional highlights. But I'm bored with it. And I have been for about 2 years now.

Plus it's giving my headaches from having it pulled up all day at work so it's time to lose some length.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lately I've had baby fever which is just kuh-razy- I just had a baby!

I didn't feel the heart tug for another child when I had Nathan until he was over two so for it to hit me at 1 yr this time threw me off a bit. Maybe it's because I just keep being reminded lately about how precious life is and how much of a blessing children are. And all the recent pregnancy announcements from friends with their 3rd baby might have something to do with it too :)

But we're waiting for several reasons (one being I'm still nursing and have no desire to nurse while pregnant) Maybe a year from now the time will be right- we'll see.

For now my brain just keeps telling my heart to be patient.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lately I have been enjoying a few tv shows. I used to watch too many but cut back a few years ago. Plus it seems some shows that start out as good dramas eventually turn into soap operas. My favorite show right now is Fringe. Any Fringe fans out there? I'm sad it's the last season but it's a good show.

My favorite thing to do at the end of the day is sit with Marcus on the couch with a bowl of popcorn, a glass of sweet tea, and a good tv show or movie.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lately I have been cooking some yummy treats- several of which have pumpkin of course :) Tis the season.

This morning I made Surprise Monkey Bread for my MOPS group (Mothers Of PreSchoolers)

...I'll tell you a secret- the surprise is cream cheese. Anything is better with cream cheese. Mmmmmm...

Recipe is here:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Surprise-Monkey-Bread

Everyone loved it!

So what have you been up to lately?

2 comments:

  1. Cut your hair? And dye it?? Really? Ok, I am surprised at that one, because I know you love long hair. But I am definitely understanding your reasons, because those are mine for trying to keep my hair short-er. Either way, I think it will look beautiful. :-)

    My favorite show lately (since the season of Warehouse 13 just ended is Alphas. It's the only show that I watch, honestly. Everything else, I catch here and there, but I make a date for Alphas. Unfortunately, David doesn't like it. It's not his kind of show. It does a *whole lot* of character development. I'd say that's what 99% of the show is about...going deeper into who all the characters are and what they feel and think...which means it *is* my kind of show. :-) On the surface, it is a show that reminds me of X-men. It's about people with super-human abilities living among us, and the consequences of either letting the world know, or keeping the secret. It's got the Magneto-type character as well...the bad guy with a back story that would rip you apart. But the Professor X type guy is a bit more complicated than Professor X...sometimes, he believes a dark side has to be used. There's a lot of twist and turns and story lines going on, but they all connect and make sense. It's thrilling, to me. But definitely not something that kids should be around to see. There are some not so good parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the more I think about it the more tempted I am to keep the length. I just love long hair! But I am definitely wanting it darker and layered more...maybe bangs? This is going to be my Christmas present from my mom so I'm excited :o)

    I'll start watching Alphas if you start watching Fringe (from the beginning--I only keep mentioning it because I know you'll LOVE it)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...