Saturday, August 18, 2012

Here's to you Mom

I posted yesterday (here) about how it was my mom's birthday. We ended up having a great time and she said it was the best birthday she had ever had.

We ate at a little restaurant down by the Ohio River. It was one of those places that looks like nothing special on the outside with a parking lot for a mere 10 cars but was a very nice place on the inside.

It was a small group. My mom and her 3 sisters, my dad, my family, and my brother and his son Cayden.





A few days prior I was contemplating what to get her for her birthday. I knew she had always wanted a drawing of her grandsons so even though I've been busy preparing for Luke and Marcus' upcoming birthdays I sat down and drew Nathan, Luke, and Cayden.

In the end I spent maybe 3 hours total on the drawing. I haven't drawn in a few years and felt rusty but I quickly remembered how much I enjoy it. This was the first time drawing my kids! It was definitely overdue. Nathan and Luke were easy but Cayden was a bit difficult since I'm just not as familiar with his face. I felt like I couldn't quite get his eyes right.



I sat there anticipating her face when she opened the drawing. Sure enough she cried when she saw it and then that brought tears to my eyes.




The manager of the restaurant asked me if I would draw her son and his girlfriend for Christmas. I got her business card and promised to call her soon.

I'm excited but scared! I've never drawn a picture for money and I wouldn't even know what to charge. I guess it depends on the size maybe? Any ideas?

We sang "Happy Birthday" and enjoyed a yummy lemon cake and ice cream.


Afterwards we went to the river front and listened to a band play 60's music (They have free movies there too all summer for kids- we need to check it out)

It's so beautiful living near a river. The weather was perfect.

Nathan and Cayden were shaking their booties to the music and watching "speeder" boats go by.

They love each other so much. Nathan loves showing his cousin things and Cayden looks up to Nathan and thinks he's the coolest thing ever. I enjoy seeing them together.


Me and my kiddos and my brother and his son.


We made some wonderful memories and I hope my mom felt loved and appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...