Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Let's just call that a dress rehearsal ok?

I'm a little paranoid about my blood pressure while pregnant. Two pregnancies with preeclampsia will do that to a gal. Thankfully for most of this pregnancy it has been perfect. 

Until last night.

The last several days it has been sneaking up a bit. Higher than my norm but lower than the "call us if it reaches this" level at 140/90. Last night after the boys were in bed and I had been chilling on the couch for awhile (watching So You Think You Can Dance- yes I love that show) I decided to check it. 155/100. A fluke right? Rested some- checked again. 150/95. 15 minutes later 160/100. Hmmm.

I was starting to get a bit concerned especially since I had rested for a long time before I took it. Had Marcus take it himself. He got 145/95 at that point. 20 mins later I was getting 150/100 again.

Ok- I needed to call the doctor. I kept hesitating though just knowing that if I went into the hospital that it would probably be fine and I'd get sent home. Plus this is the week that my normal doctor isn't in town so of course I was hoping to make it til next week. But after about 7 high readings with trying to rest as much as possible I did call the doctor on call and he said to head to labor and delivery (with my bags- just in case

My aunt and my mom came to stay with the boys and late last night we headed to the hospital, bags and all. I kept telling Marcus we'll most likely get sent home although my mom was certain that this was it.

My blood pressure was high when I first got there but after resting on my left side on the uncomfortable hospital bed and relaxing the best my nervous excitement omgareweabouttohaveabaaaabbby let me- it started to go down. And kept going down. Even to the point Marcus was like "are you alive?" Haha.

So a few hours later I was sent home after a good discussion with the on call doctor about taking it easy this week and doing a mild bed rest. Of course my mind kept wandering to my dirty kitchen and how I would try to rest but still get that darn kitchen clean somehow. That kitchen was my final phase of nesting and my silly type A personality would feel much better about going to have a baby if I had a clean kitchen to come home to. For real.

Turns out some of my labs were off quite a bit which may or may not have attributed to the temporary high bp. But for now no baby quite yet! Soon enough we'll meet this baby boy of ours. I'm grateful that my bp went down and both myself and Kevin are okay.

And I'm also grateful that I came home at 2am to a sparkling kitchen! Apparently my aunt and mom went to town cleaning it for me while we were away. Hmph. Guess I have no choice other than to actually relax this week now.

I do feel guilty that Marcus had to go to work on little sleep today. Well...until a friend reminded me that soon I'll be the very sleep deprived parent who will be going to work after nursing in the middle of the night.

Good point :)

2 comments:

  1. Scary! I had pre-e with my son and checked y blood pressure at home too - its hard not to be paranoid about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And once you know it's high it's hard to calm down and not freak out a bit. Thankfully it's been staying around 140/88ish so we're hanging in there. I'm almost 39 weeks! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...