Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Kevin's Nursery

I barely decorated Nathan's nursery when I had him. We were renting and couldn't paint and I was a zombie from the blood pressure medicine. He did have a really cute puppy theme though :)



When I got pregnant with Luke I immediately (ok well not exactly immediately) thought that I wanted to put a little more thought and effort into planning a nursing and getting to paint this time since we have our own home. Luke's theme was frogs and turtles.

(I took these photos with my camera so the colors are more "true" in 
these than in the low quality iphone pics in the next series of photos)

Now that Kevin is coming along within 2 years of Luke the nursery was pretty much ready for a baby besides a few little things. Kevin's theme is owls. Of course it's not quite as "put together" was it was for Luke since a toddler has been using it but it works.

(That amazing quilt on the glider was made by my former boss 
and 3 other women. They made it to specifically match the nursery 
colors for when I had Luke.)









(Ew the wall is not this yellow/green color- it's the iphone effect)

I still need to add Kevin's bird in the tree to represent him in our family. Marcus is the red bird, I'm the purple, Luke is blue and Nathan orange. I painted this when I was about 7-8 months pregnant with Luke. At least once a day after a diaper change Luke likes to point to each one and say hi to his birdies. He always gets tickled about "Dada bird" and starts giggling like the red bird is the funniest thing in the world.

We have moved Luke in with Nathan. Their sports room is still a little bit of a work in progress. I have several sports related things up on the walls and a sports valance for the window that I didn't get pics of.
I'm slightly obsessed with closet organzing.



Almost there. Come on baby Kevin!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...