Monday, July 29, 2013

8 years


It's my wedding anniversary. I'll try not to get all sappy (although being 9 months pregnant that can be very difficult to avoid) but I just want to take a second to praise God for this man named Marcus in my life.

At church yesterday as I felt God's presence and the presence of the man beside me, my very best friend, it took everything in me not to break down and cry. I just feel so completely blessed.

Our marriage changes every month, every year because we are constantly changing ourselves. God changes our hearts and our perspectives on a regular basis and we truly aren't the same somewhat naive 22 yr olds who said "I do" eight years ago.

He's the first person I want to tell something exciting to. He's the person that I enjoy making laugh the most- even if he's laughing AT me. He sees me at my best. He sees me at my ugliest and loves me anyways.


He's been a huge part of my life for these 8 years and the 3 years before that when we dated. He truly wooed me back then. I felt like a princess and even now with swollen feet and raging hormones I still do. I take comfort in knowing he would do anything for me even when life's not so pretty.

A friend on Facebook shared this post the other day (Link: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/07/when-you-think-your-love-story-is-boring/and I read it out loud to Marcus. It sums him up perfectly. No- he's never ran through an airport for me to stop me from getting on a plane. We might not have had many movie magic romantic moments- but those things are so fleeting. I have what truly matters. A marriage, although sometimes messy, that is based on God and His values.


He's taught me many many things. Mostly how to love and how to forgive. Even how to forgive myself which can be the hardest thing. He's taught me that if you are doing what is right in God's eyes then it really doesn't matter what other people think.

The longer we are married the more I realize that the saying that "love is a choice, not a feeling" is so so true. Many times I feel in love, sometimes I don't. But we choose to love each other every single day and I'm so grateful for a loving, solid, caring husband in my life and father to our boys.

Happy Anniversary Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...