Thursday, September 6, 2012

Family Photoshoot

We're bad about getting nice family photos. Our only one with Nathan was when he was 3 weeks old. And that was the last professional photo. 4 years ago.

Now that we have Luke I had been telling Marcus I would love to get some family photos but I didn't really want an in studio shoot. I wanted something fun with laughing since we are always laughing.

I had been admiring Leslie's work for awhile. We went to the same high school and for years I have been seeing lovely photos of my friend's families posted on facebook that were taken by Leslie.

She often has a "mini-shoot" at different locations around town. It's a 30 minute photo shoot which if you have little kids- is perfect. Let's face it- their "happy face" smiles don't last longer than that.

A few weeks ago (after getting lost due to faulty GPS directions that took us to the wrong town!) we met up with Leslie early one Sunday morning and enjoyed taking a few photos as a family. These were also Luke's 1 year old photos.

I can't wait to someday order a canvas of my favorite to display in our living room! And I'm excited about using some of these for Christmas cards. So for now I'll post a few but I'm going to keep my favorite as a surprise for now (yanno- so when people open their Christmas cards they won't be like "oh yeah...I already saw that one" and instead can be like "oh WOW! Look at that AMAZING family photo! I'm going to keep this on my fridge ALL YEAR LONG!"...kidding)












Shout out to Katie (who's been my online friend for like um..what? 10 years? whoa) She helped me pick out our clothes for the photoshoot. And she also designed my blog :o) I recently change the photo to update it a bit but other than that it was all her doin'! She's busy raising two beautiful little ladies but she might still be doing blog design between sips of coffee so check her out. And her blog...cuz it's awesome and stuff.

And THANK YOU to Leslie for these amazing photos. You were so great to work with and I know the boys were comfortable with you- the smiles show it. I definitely recommend her if anyone in the area wants some great photos at a good price!

Leslie's info:
Letography (click for link)
leslie.elder@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...