Wednesday, May 29, 2013

More randoms and a request...(I like ellipsis...)

****First off****

I want to meet you.

I'm getting some traffic on here and no comments.

And no, my purpose of blogging is SO not about the comments or the numbers (and some friends do comment on fb to my blog cuz it's easier). I blog simply because I enjoy it and it's a way to empty my brain and remember things I forget (cuz whoa kids kill brain cells big time). I did it years and years ago before it was popular and I'm glad to be back at it. But I would like to know who is reading this (hi mom). So any quick "hi, my name is..." comment would make my day even if you never comment again.

So please, say "hi." :)

++++++++++++++++++++++


*warning: most boring update/random post ever*

I fell at work today. I'm pretty sure it sounded like the building was falling down. Or the hulk perhaps (is this my punishment for trying to convince my 5 year old that I'm the Hulk's mama?) Someone on the floor below me sprinted up the stairs to see what the ginormous sound was and before long there were about 5 concerned faces staring at me.

My foot got caught in the suction cord and I went to walk away. All of me except my foot. I had the split second thought of "oh no- I'm falling. The baby!" And tried to fall the best I could. Leaving a bruised knee, a sprung ankle, and an idiot. Because I felt like one.

Grateful little Kevin is okay though.

+++++++++++++++++++++

We moved the boys in together in the same room. I had a spare toddler bed I had kept in the garage that Luke is now using, freeing up the crib and nursery for Kevin.

Nathan and Luke are super excited and after the second attempt Luke slept in his toddler bed all night! Someday we'll get bunk beds and a dresser for their room but for now it works.

We moved all of Nathan's "big boy" toys out of there that aren't safe for Luke to be around and we'll be working on a play area for Nathan this weekend.

Why did it take me 4 years of living there to have Marcus install a second clothing rack in the closets? It made me so happy to have more space to hang things and be able to organize more.

+++++++++++++++++

All of my friends move away.

They do. And it makes me sad.

I'm grateful for social media because it does make it easier to keep up with everyone. But lately everyone is gone (except Dana, I'm seriously going to glue your feet to the floor of your house)

My mom had a little party for my 30th and asked me to invite friends and I laughed and said "Who? Most of my friends are out of state now."

Maybe I should make any new potential friend sign a waiver that they will forgo all amazing job opportunities just for the sake of not leaving me. Yep. That should help keep them around.

+++++++++++++++++

Luke was going to be dismissed from speech therapy but his therapist started noticing that although he is repeating words somewhat well and his vocabulary is growing- he's still not saying many words spontaneously. He'll repeat lots of things but doesn't communicate his needs yet.

I'm glad he'll still be in the program when Kevin is born so we can address any backsliding that might occur with all the changes of adding a new sibling.

++++++++++++++++++++

Been cooking double and freezing food for when the baby comes. I didn't do this with the boys and honestly don't remember what or how we ate in those first days/weeks/months but hoping this makes life a little easier when a newborn is keeping me up all hours.

Except I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm hoping that everything I freeze will still taste a little like food by the time we eat it.

+++++++++++++++

For the last 5+ years I've had Fridays off.

Yay for long weekends but honestly I wasn't extremely productive on those days because I was so tired from the week. Also I usually have a tension headache by then from my job.

We recently switched to having Wednesdays off instead and I'm loving it. It's easier on my body (especially while pregnant) and plus I get to all of my to-do list before I'm exhausted from the week.

This also might come in handy when Kevin is here and I return to work because it can be a day I nurse a lot to keep my supply up and maybe get some one on one time with him. I dislike paying for that fifth day of children when I'm not working but it IS super awesome to have the option to take them there (especially since they like it).

So although I usually face the thought of change with the enthusiasm of Ben Stein- I'm all for this one. Woot.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok. Boring post but look at my boys...they love each other (most of the time)

Psst...don't forget to say hi.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...