Thursday, May 23, 2013

I flushed my 5 year old down the toilet...

*Please excuse my irrefusable need to back-story. I would make a very bad villain by giving the hero/heroine a chance to strike while I drone on and on...and on...*

Last week we had a random day that Marcus and I took off work for Luke's doctor appt with the allergist (which I really need to do an update about soon) Once I realized that the whole afternoon would be free I asked Marcus if we could do something fun with the kids.

The dentist I work with recently took her kids to a nearby Children's Museum so we thought it would be a fun thing to do since our original plans backfired (had free tickets to an indoor water park that we come to find out is closed indefinitely)

We had a great day in Columbus, Indiana and ended up spending maybe $34 for the whole day of family fun!

First up...the Children's Museum called Kids Commons. Not a huge place but definitely big enough to spend a few hours in.




Learning how evaporation works in the "Wacky Science" class.




This was part of a house display that teaches kids all about how the interworkings of a house. 
It was such a neat area to play in and there were a lot of
nooks and crannies to explore and crawl through. If I wasn't pregnant I would
have definitely went down the "toilet slide"!



Robot Arm






After the museum we went across the street to a free indoor community play area. The kids had fun there as well (except when I didn't catch Luke going down the slide because I was taking his picture instead...sorry kid) We all thought the climbing area was so unique! The curved panels were all surrounded by reinforced netting so it was much safer than it looks in the pictures. Nathan climbed all the way to the top!







Before heading home we went next door to check out Zaharakos, an ice cream parlor built in 1900 that still had most of the original woodwork, counters, lamps, etc. The whole place smelled like vanilla and it sort of felt like we walked back in time when we entered. Zaharakos has received a lot of recognition for it's history and of course...yummy food and ice cream.




Enjoying our ice cream (Luke had special cookies I brought for him due
to food allergies)


The boys chillin' after their snack.

It was a perfect family day and we were excited to find some fun things to do not so far from home. The boys were both asleep in the car within minutes and as all parents know...that's a very good thing :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...