Monday, November 19, 2012

The "I hate cutting potatoes" Potato Soup Recipe

Tis' the season for soups and chili's so I thought I would share this.

My aunt gave me this recipe a few years ago and we LOVE it! Being a working mom I'm always on the lookout for easy recipes. And one that doesn't just claim it's easy but then has 20 ingredients and directions to do stuff to food that I don't understand- but one that is ACTUALLY easy! And yummy!

Who hates cutting up potatoes? Oh you too? It's no fun huh? So try this recipe and let me know what you think. You have to dice an onion but you don't have to cut one potato!

Ingredients:
1 bag Ore-Ida Hashbrown Potatoes (cube cut)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of potato soup
1 cup milk
1 medium onion
5 Tbsp butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
(optional: crumbled bacon or cheese or whatever you prefer in your soupity soup soup)

(the cans of soup are the condensed soups, I believe they are about 10.75oz - just the "regular" size can)

Directions:
1) Dice onion and sauté in the butter
2) Throw in the rest of the ingredients
3) Let cook (until potatoes are tender) and stir occasionally
4) Eat
5) Go back for seconds

Easy right?

Enjoy!
(here's a poor quality photo of a very yummy soup)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...