Sunday, September 29, 2013

Becoming Brothers

On the evening of Kevin's birth I was able to briefly introduce Nathan and Luke to their new brother with Facetime.

The next day my mom and mother-in-law brought the boys to meet Kevin at the hospital. Nathan was immediately in awe over his baby brother and Luke kept saying "baby!" but was more interested in cuddling with me.

The moment I had Luke I could not wait for Nathan to meet him and I felt the same way the moment I had Kevin. Seeing siblings meet for the first time and knowing that someday they will be the best of friends is such a touching moment. It's the beginning of something so dear even if the kids themselves don't realize how big of a moment it is.

Here are a few photos from that special meeting.







(Nathan wanted to be swaddled to pretend he was the new baby)


It was also the first time that the grandmas got to meet their new grandson (the fourth grandson for both of them, no granddaughters)





My dad came to our house when Kevin was a few days old to meet him as well.




People ask me all the time how the boys are doing with Kevin.

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Luke is blowing me out of the water. No jealousy issues at all and he's completely 100% smitten with "baby." He asks where he is all of the time if he doesn't see him in my arms. He gives him his pacy when he cries and makes sure that we know "baby crying." He points to his own chest and says "baby wan mil inside" (baby want milk inside) to tell me to nurse him. I thought the 2 year age difference would be hard and it is in some ways but so much easier than I thought it would be.



Nathan talks about how sweet and cute Kevin is and he is equally in love with his brother. When we went to Nathan's open house at school shortly after Kevin was born there was a wall that said "Things that make us happy." Each kid wrote down what makes them the happiest. Most wrote "mommy" or "daddy" but Nathan wrote "Kevin"...melt.


(hard to see but the one with the yellow smiley faces says "Kevin makes me happy")

I'm very grateful for all of my boys and their love towards each other. I know that love will carry them through thick or thin.


Brothers





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...