Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A blog post about why I'm not blogging...wha?

You know when you meet someone for the first time and you learn their name and you're like "ok- I gotta remember that- remember that her name is Sandy. Her hair is the color of sand so that's easy to remember. Sandy sandy sandy. Reeeemember!"

Then you don't see that person for a little while and you forget their name.

Next time you run into them- they remember your name and you pass up the opportunity to ask theirs again because you're busy in your head THINKING "wait a minute- what is her name again? Didn't it have something to do with hair? Maybe is rhymes with 'hair'...is it Claire? Noooo...that's not it"

Maybe you end up running into them a few times after that. Eventually you end up in this situation where you still don't remember their name but it would be awkward to ask because by now you should know and you're past the "what's your name again?" phase of the aquaintance-ship.

Yanno what I mean?

That's how I feel about me and blogging. It's been too long and feels.... awkward. Like there is just too much that's happened and I wouldn't even know where to start.

Hi blog.

I'm Amanda.

What's your name again?

I'm busy. But then again so is everyone who is reading this. I could go on about why I'm busy but do you really want to know that Luke had 4 doctor appts in one day recently? Or that being a working mom and keeping up with everything is challenging? We all know that.

Actually I write several blog posts everyday.

Problem is that I write them in my head while at work or in the car. I get so excited about my mental blog post but by the time I get home and maybe get a chance to type it out- I'm exhausted and would much rather read a good book or sit on the couch with Marcus.

Or if I do sit down to blog and the awesome (haha) idea I had earlier in the day has faded somewhat and forcing myself to try to force it into words is like trying to get a 9 month old to hold still during a diaper change.

I blogged like crazy about ten years ago (not here) and stuck with it for many years. But since becoming a mommy and having much more fun things to share- I just can't get in the rhythm of blogging again.

Most blogs I read are written by stay at home/work from home moms who write in pieces here and there during the day (I'm guessing)- but surely there are working moms that blog. Are you out there? When do you write your blogs?

But I guess the only thing you need to know is- we're good in the Crumbacher household. We're happy and blessed. There are bumps in the road. Good and bad days- just like everyone else.

Meanwhile- I'll try to get back to this thing. I enjoy it- I just gotta make myself do it. We'll see.

And just for fun...

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, so many blog posts are written in my head and never make it onto the blog. I'm right there with you.

    Thanks for the heads up! Glad I could catch you here today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...