Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Nephew Nick

I have two nephews.

Cayden is 2 and he's my brother's son.

And Nick is 19. He is my husband's nephew.

I met Nick shortly after Marcus and I started dating in 2002. Nick was just 8- he was a boy! And now he is a man!

I can't believe how much he has changed. He went from a little boy playing karate to a tall thin man about to go off to college. How am I old enough to watch someone "grow up"- that just doesn't seem possible.

I'm proud of him and shocked at how fast time flies. Yesterday we traveled to my husband's hometown and celebrated Nick's graduation and his 19th birthday on the same day.

Gone are the days we used to sit down and play Clue together or have tickle fights. But I look forward to the future God has for him.

We love you Nick. Always remember Jeremiah 29:11- God has good plans for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...