Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Part 2 of Crazy Week

Part of me doesn't even want to finish this story because so much new stuff is going on around us that this just seems old although it was only last week. However, since I have most of it already typed out I want to just get it posted and move on from it. Had a massage therapist tell me today that my right kidney is still very swollen so praying that goes down soon. Anywho- thanks for reading my story if you do- I hope to come back with some cute photos or stories of the kids and something more light hearted soon!

+++++++++++++++++++++

Last Wednesday morning, the day after I was released from the hospital, I was rushing to get the boys out the door for school and daycare. After running around the house for 30 mins I noticed my heart rate was low when my heart should have been pounding. I checked my bp and was still getting high readings.

I decided to drive Nathan to school for the first time because we were running late. I had the boys in the car and was grabbing my keys to go out of the door. That's when I heard a weird noise. Was that the dog? I thought. Then I looked over. Kevin. My baby. Who I thought was already in the car. He was staring up at me from his car seat. God made him coo at the exact moment I was about to leave him. Praise God! I got my baby and we all left while I was getting a little more concerned about my mind set. (I must mention that at this point I felt completely safe driving or I would not have driven my children, however I still felt very weird and not myself.)

I stopped by my work that morning to have a few nurses check my blood pressure because I wanted to know if the readings I was getting were correct. They got around 168/96.

Around noon, after trying to relax the best I could, I ended up calling my urologist to inform him of my bp to see if that was a common problem after a stone removal. They were concerned and told me to get to an urgent care immediately and that I might need to see a cardiologist. This time I did pack my pump and a few belongings just in case.

My "weird" feeling started to grow and I drove myself to an urgent care knowing that I probably wouldn't be driving again for some time.

I get there and wait. Once they finally get me back and I go through the "well I had high bp during my pregnancies but it's otherwise normal but I just had cystoscopy done and a stone removed..." shpeel they end up checking my bp about 6 times, both with the machine and manually. 192/137. 210/115. And other similar readings. My weird feelings kept growing and I started getting a little dizzy.

They gave me a strong bp medicine and had me lay down for awhile while they did some blood work. An hour later I was no different and started to feel even worse. Both of my parents showed up and we started talking with the doctor about what to do and where to go. The conversation got stressful and I felt my bp go up even more. I got very light headed and knew I was about to faint or have a stroke so I ended the conversation and said I just wanted to go to the closest hospital. 

Marcus realized at this point that he definitely needed to get home to me ASAP so he started working on getting a flight home.

After being admitted to the hospital I laid there trying to relax but felt like my own body wouldn't let me. I knew relaxing was important to get my bp down yet I just couldn't. I'd try deep breathing but if I took a deep breath in my body wouldn't let it all out. I felt tense and was very shaky and weak. The hospital bp machine was getting higher and higher readings.

They informed me that I was assigned to a doctor who wouldn't be there until the next afternoon but meanwhile they were going to try a different bp medicine. I was trying my best to relax and still keep close family and friends updated. Marcus sent a text that he was already on a flight and I was so happy he would be with me soon.

After I drifted off to sleep that night I woke up when Marcus walked in. It felt so good to hug him and know he was there. Mentally I was very foggy and he left so I could try to rest.

It ended up being one of the scariest nights of my life so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...