Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Why

Well Hello.

I've been absent for quite a while on this little blog but my mind has been busy pondering it.

I wasn't sure what I want out of this. If I've been sharing too many things, too personal things. What Nathan might think about it when he's a bit older. The reason behind a blog. What I get out of it and what good it does. The "why" behind sharing a piece of yourself.

What good does it do? I'd lie if I said no good came from it. I enjoy writing although I'm not a writer. I know of friends who have shared my breastfeeding stories with a new mom or people who have been encouraged by identifying with my parenting struggles. So yes, good has come from this and I think it's something I personally need. 

After all- we have a voice like never before in this technology soaked world. We have a stage and I think it's a personal choice to use it or not. However if we choose to use this stage (no matter the size of the audience) I think it comes with a certain amount of responsibility.

So I will be intentionally blogging more except after a few months of reflection it may be a bit different of a tone. I want to be true to myself with what I blog. I want to be vulnerable and personal yet not share anything that my family would consider private. I want to encourage (something that does not come naturally to me yet I am SO uplifted by my friends who are encouragers) and I want to glorify God. And if I make someone cry or laugh along the way that's even better.

Mostly I just want to remember. Photos and story telling are the best tools for that. 

So- I'll be back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...